2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Quad cab rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 01:19 PM
Michael JK
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quad cab rear bumper

2002 Dakota quad cab with rusting away rear bumper. When I look online about Westin aftermarket rear bumpers there appears to be a bit of controversy regarding quad cabs which are apparently on a different frame than the other Dakotas. Some aftermarket dealers say they have Westin OEM direct fit bumpers that fit while other dealers representing the same manufacturer say they don't fit a quad cab. Has anybody installed an aftermarket rear bumper on a 2002 Quad Cab Dakota and knows for sure somebody makes one that fits?

Old 01-13-2019, 06:15 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

some of the bumpers hit the rear vibration damper bar that only quad cabs have. You can remove the damper to fit the bumper, but the truck may or may not have some harmonics at certain speeds/turn angles.

Old 01-14-2019, 05:31 AM
Michael JK
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Magnethead. That is the first time anybody was able to provide more than a generalized answer. I don't even know what a rear vibration damper bar is. I'll have top look that up.

Quick Reply: Quad cab rear bumper