2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2000 2x4 quad cab 4.7 issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 09:36 AM
Jwernicke1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 2x4 quad cab 4.7 issues

I inherited my wife's Dakota after my Nissan blew up. I got it on the road and going after it sat for a year. But when we parked it we still had the issues I'm having now. The truck will turn off while I'm preparing to stop at a light in the oil pressure gauge will hit bottom, to keep this from happening I have to apply fuel while trying to stop. This makes stopping difficult LOL. Also my turn signals within the cab flash very quickly I have turn signals at the back of the truck but not at the front of the truck and I don't have dash lights. I have rear Hazard flashers and only the driver side in the front oh, is this a grounding issue? I have been combing through the Forum post for the last 2 hours and as I do find things that are close to what I'm having problems with I can't really find anything specific. I'm not one of those awesome mechanics like I can change my brakes and stuff like that but I do have friends that help me out when they're available.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:59 PM
tonypilot7
Professional
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Check the signal bulb on the front passenger side. Rapid turn signal flashing is usually caused by a burnt bulb. If it is good, then check the wiring for that bulb to see if you have power to the socket. If yes, then you have a ground side problem. If no, you likely have a short or open wire on the positive side of the circuit.

I only have the 3.9 and a 5.2l so I'm not too familiar with the 4.7s, but the stalling when pulling to a stop issue could be a dirty throttle body, or bad idle air controller motor. If you rev it up in park then let off the throttle and let it return to idle, does it stumble or stall then?

Quick Reply: 2000 2x4 quad cab 4.7 issues