2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2002 Instrument Panel

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 09:47 PM
ericautos@yahoo.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Instrument Panel

Hello I have a 2002 Dodge Dakota SLT 4.7L. It has a no bus at the odometer display. None of the gauges work but the truck starts and runs and drives. I hooked a diagnostic tool and could only see the RPM and Throttle position value. I connected to 2 separate tools both same thing. I disconnected airbag module, ABS module, transmission module, transfer case module, and disconnected the cluster and monitored connection no change. Voltage at pin 2 of DTC is between .5 and .9. I don’t have an oscilloscope. I can hook the cluster to the truck with it on and gauges will raise and then not function. When gauges are installed they will not move when ignition is turned on. Just warning lights come on and odometer blinks then no bus. I did self check on cluster and got 920 921 and 999. I pulled the connector for the fire wall and various module to inspect nothing crazy. I am thinking harness grounded some were or bad cluster. Just looking for a way to verify before I buy the parts. I pulled the junction connection and the look good but I don’t have a schematic to verify PCI BUS. What else can I do to verify problem? Truck runs and drives no gauges.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:58 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,210 Likes on 2,961 Posts

Start disconnecting sensors that are on the 5 volt bus. (O2 sensor, throttle position, MAP, etc.) Test after you disconnect each one, see if anything changes.

Quick Reply: 2002 Instrument Panel