2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Ground wire question

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 02:01 PM
harkdodge
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ground wire question

I was told that many sensor and electrical signal problems on a vehicle can be caused by a simple faulty ground wire connection.
I'm wondering if this could be the cause of a P0340 engine code I keep getting for my camshaft position sensor on my 2001 Dakota 4.7. I have replaced the sensor, checked all the diagnostics and the engine light will stay off for a while and then come back on reporting the same P0340 code again and then the engine light will go back off for several days to a wee or so and then return again.
I also have a problem with my dash lights suddenly going out when I am driving at night. The entire dash panel will flicker and go dark and stay off for several minutes and then when I hit a bump in the road they will suddenly come back on.
I'm thinking it might be a simple bad ground for both of these issues since my truck shows no symptoms at all of a bad camshaft sensor.
So, I'm wondering where the ground wires are located for both of these issues on my 2001 Dakota SLT 4.7

Quick Reply: Ground wire question