2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Lost of Volt power

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 03:33 PM
nuthmuch
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Lost of Volt power

2003 Dodge Dakota 4.7 motor. The volt meter dropped all the way to the left side of the meter. I was driving the truck the check the gages light came on. I looked the volt meter was not on. I had the battery and altenator check at Autozone and O'Reily and both past. I drove the truck home and the volt meter started working. It worked for 2 weeks until it came on again. I was a good ways from the house that it came on. I tried to get back home but the truck shut down. All the lights flashed and then there was no lights at all.I had the truck towed home. I changed the battery out with a new one. The truck started and ran for awhile but then the check the gages on again and the the volt meter was not on again. The altenator checked again and still putting out 13 amps. All the connections on the battery,ground connection on truck frame, and the postive connections are all clean.I don't know what is causing having low voltage. Other than the low voltage the truck runs fine.

Old 10-26-2019, 04:35 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 368 Likes on 340 Posts

I'l suggest putting this in the 2003 forum may yield better answers.

Since there never was a 4.7 factory in a Gen1 Dakota.

RwP

Quick Reply: Lost of Volt power