2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

O2 sensor difference

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 07:51 AM
Michael JK
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default O2 sensor difference

Being my first time having to mess with oxygen sensors, I am amazed at the quantity of part numbers. The Denso sensors look exactly like the Mopar parts so I figured that is who Mopar sources from. But then I see reference to which controller your vehicle has (JTEC or NGC) and whether you have an automatic or manual transmission. I read that the downstream unit is heated but not necessarily the upstream unit. I am wondering if one eliminated the differences determined by wire harness length and connector type, how many different type sensors Denso is really making. If you replaced your controller would you have to replace your sensors? If you bought a sensor with a slightly longer harness but the same connector, would it work. I have the feeling that if there were a lot of different actual sensor units there would have to be an awful lot of different controllers. Can anyone enlighten me?

Old 12-12-2019, 10:43 AM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 385 Likes on 346 Posts

Did you go on the Denso site and look up your vehicle yet?

http://densoautoparts.com/find-my-part.aspx

Old 12-13-2019, 04:29 PM
hidden1
Captain
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Stay with OEM on all sensors .Dakota doesnt operate the same on many off brand sensors.

Quick Reply: O2 sensor difference