2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

SXT, Sport, Sport/SXT, Sport Plus?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2020 | 08:04 PM
akeED
|
Amateur
Default SXT, Sport, Sport/SXT, Sport Plus?

Sport, Sport plus, SXT, Sport/SXT
The tailgate has an SXT sticker, one build sheet says Sport, and another says Sport Plus. How can I tell which trim lvl I have?

Old 01-07-2020 | 09:36 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Thank You for your service. Everyone loves the Marines.

Get a build sheet for your truck from here. Should be accurate.

Old 01-08-2020 | 12:13 AM
akeED
|
Amateur

It was my honor to serve, I only wish I could do it again.
That's cool, I have that build sheet.
Thank you.

Old 01-08-2020 | 06:29 AM
angrysmileyface
Professional

That build sheet should indicate what was on the truck correct? Well on my 01 it says I have the larger 16 tires under optional yet the door card says supposed to have 15s on it. Is this normal?

Old 01-08-2020 | 06:52 AM
akeED
|
Amateur

Nope. The truck says SXT and the build sheet says Sport.

Old 01-08-2020 | 07:31 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Thank you for your service as well. Nice looking truck!

From wikipedia:

The Sport served as the "step-up" Dakota model. It added the following features to the ST model: an A/M-F/M stereo with cassette player (later, a single-disc CD player), cloth seating surfaces, sport-styled alloy wheels, and carpeted flooring. It was available with all engines except for the high-performance 5.9L V8 engine.

The SXT, introduced for model year 2001, served as the "mid-range" Dakota model. It added the following features to the Sport model: an A/M-F/M stereo with single-disc CD player, air conditioning, power windows and door locks with keyless entry (available as an option), and a premium interior. It was available with all engines except for the high-performance 5.9L V8 engine. An SXT Plus model was available that added "value" features such as an A/M-F/M stereo with cassette and single-disc CD players with integral CD changer controls, a premium cloth interior, and sixteen-inch alloy wheels mounted on sixteen-inch tires.

Looks like you have a Sport with an SXT trim package added. Provided you have these SXT options.

Quick Reply: SXT, Sport, Sport/SXT, Sport Plus?