2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Drb ii / iii

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 05:32 AM
offroader89
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drb ii / iii

Hello,

I have been trying to track down my gearbox errors for months now. Unfortunately without much success and so I have a question for the feaks:

Which Dodge Jeep Chrysler DRB II / III reader / software can you recommend for my 1997 Dodge Dakota - so I finally know where this error is hidden.
Unfortunately, I cannot currently afford an original reader and here in Germany there are very few who have such a thing.

Greeting Peter

Old 01-28-2020, 10:09 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 169 Likes on 154 Posts

The DRB3 supports 97 to 2004 model years, give or take a little. A Snap-On Modus MT2500 can also do many similar functions.

Please see this chart from Daimler Chrysler Corp tools: https://www.dcctools.com/en/download...olRefChart.pdf

The following users liked this post:
offroader89 (01-29-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 09:35 AM
offroader89
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello magnethead,

thank you for your answer and your tips. I once looked on the Internet and also found what I was looking for. However, I still have a problem with the modules because Dodge very rarely as them, mostly JEEP and Chrysler. Do they also fit? Since there are such small KEY's what are they for and which ones do I absolutely need from?

Thank you in advance Greetings

Peter

Old 01-30-2020, 12:07 AM
magnethead
Legend
Received 169 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by offroader89
Hello magnethead,

thank you for your answer and your tips. I once looked on the Internet and also found what I was looking for. However, I still have a problem with the modules because Dodge very rarely as them, mostly JEEP and Chrysler. Do they also fit? Since there are such small KEY's what are they for and which ones do I absolutely need from?

Thank you in advance Greetings

Peter
The only way to get a DRB3 is to have a contact in a dealer that is disposing of them (as I do) or to find them on Ebay and hope they work.
For the DRB3, the yellow "Supercard 2" works on most 94-97 OBD1 vehicles using an adapter cable, and no card is required for 98-04 OBD2 dakota.
Yours being a 97 - and ESPECIALLY being international - you will need to identify if your truck is OBD1 or OBD2, as that will determine if you need the Supercard and adapter cable or not.

If the DRB3 is out of your reach, as I highly predict it to be, you may have to seek an MT2500 or other Modus-line product. I do not know anything about these, unfortunately.

Quick Reply: Drb ii / iii