2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Production numbers

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 09:44 PM
Topnotchtree
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Production numbers

How rare is a 97 extended cab 4x4 with a v8 and manual transmission? My sister in law had this truck with 150k miles on it and had an accident. Since then it’s been parked in their barn/garage, for about 12 years now. The truck needs the front end put back together, fenders, hood, radiator, radiator support, and both airbags were deployed. They have been collecting parts over the years and they believe they have everything to put it back together. The truck will start and drive, (they drive it on the trailer to move last year). My brother in law just had a double lung transplant so it’s pretty clear he won’t be putting the truck back together himself, as planned. They seem to think this truck is worth a bunch of money, but all I see is a truck in need of a lot work. I must admit as I walk around it, the truck seems very clean. It’s no show truck, but I think you have to look hard to find any rust. The truck is in southeast Michigan. Does anyone have any advice as to what to ask for this truck as is? Anyone local have interest? Any help or advice would really be appreciated. Tia.

Old 02-19-2020, 08:53 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

Not that rare. It's probably worth less than a grand in it's current condition......

Old 02-19-2020, 06:52 PM
Topnotchtree
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey you! Thanks. I was thinking the same thing, but I wanted to be sure. Now I need to convince my sister in law that her truck isn’t made of gold.

Old 02-19-2020, 08:48 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

Originally Posted by Topnotchtree
Hey you! Thanks. I was thinking the same thing, but I wanted to be sure. Now I need to convince my sister in law that her truck isn’t made of gold.
Good Luck with that.

Quick Reply: Production numbers