2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

POSSESSED 01 turned on 4wd!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 11:09 AM
YankeeDespot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POSSESSED 01 turned on 4wd!

Hi Folks,

The Service 4wd light had been on for a while. I replaced the servo motor that does the actual shifting last year. Still bad light, and no 4wd, no lights on the **** (except when there was...-intermittent). A mild winter in VA so I put it off.
After a short drive yesterday, I restarted truck, put into gear and the front wheels jumped. It’s like it’s in 4lo, but with a bad synch. All kinds of banging from the front end. I limped it home.
Im guessing computer. I’d replaced the one you the parking brake inside the cab last year for Possessed lights, so is this the one under the hood on the passenger fender? Anyone also see this?
Im going to see if I can take the motor out, and use a wrench to disengage. Leave the motor disconnected. I hate spending $$$ on these computers, but don’t see an alternative. Everything else is good. This truck is so fun with the 5 speed. Can’t be replaced.
4.7 sport
manual 5 speed.

Thanks
Doug

Quick Reply: POSSESSED 01 turned on 4wd!