2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

03 Durango - 04 Dakota Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 11:31 AM
Tanker3278
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Durango - 04 Dakota Brakes

Can the front brakes off a 03 Durango be swapped onto a 04 Dakota 4x4?

Will the caliper bracket bolt up to the Dakota front mounts? If it does, I'll go grab some brackets & calipers from a junkyard to save myself the trouble & expense.

Bought a set of Nakamoto pads & rotors from a guy locally a few months ago (early winter in northern NY) before I knew how bad the brake lines in this truck were. Now that I'm getting to the point of putting things back together I've found the set I bought do not fit. Called a parts place and they told me the part numbers go to an 03 Durango and not a Dakota. I know the Durango's and Dakotas share a lot of parts in the same way F150s & Broncos did, but not that familiar with this line of vehicles. Rotors are a bit thicker, which makes me also think they may be 2wd instead of 4wd rotors. I'd like to have the thicker set, so if it is a 4x4 rotor and it is interchangeable - I'll go for the swap since now's the time to do it while everything is disassembled. I have a junkyard about 20 minutes north of me that has a couple of Durangos that are pretty close in MYs that I could possibly pull parts from.

Just in case you guys can find out more about them cause I didn't have much luck. Part store guys were able to give me 03 Durango but nothing else. Nakamoto website will only tell you year & model, but no drive info.
Rotor & pad set part number: 208137-16-1-3
Rotor SKU: 1ABRR00552
Pads SKU: 1ABPS00585

Pictures can be provided if needed.

Thanks!

Jimmy
Plattsburgh, NY

Old 05-10-2020, 01:22 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 161 Likes on 148 Posts

yes they are different - The spindles, specifically. The rotors and caliper brackets also are different

Quick Reply: 03 Durango - 04 Dakota Brakes