2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Brake pedal issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 02:51 PM
RjbNY
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake pedal issues

Hi all I have a very perplexing problem on my 01 dakota 2wd 3.9l. So i bought this truck after it sat for 4 yrs. And have changed out everything except the blocks where the brake lines go into. I do mean everything booster mc all new lines and new hoses new wheel cylinders new shoes new calipers rotors pads new everything has been bench bleed and gravity bleed and then pumped and bleed atleast 6xs if not more.and the pedal when the truck is running wont come up. The brakes are solid when your driving but you have to pull the pedal back up or they will stay engaged.. Weve tested vac and check valve they are good. Steady flow of fluid when lines. Are gravity bleed. When trucks off 2 or 3 pumps ot tops out. Any help would be appricated.

Old 07-20-2020, 03:19 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

My challenger did that to me.... I never did figure out why.... Is the pivot stiff? (under the dash) Might try cleaning and lubing things up, see if anything changes.

Quick Reply: Brake pedal issues