2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Another Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 04:10 PM
Mattsxj98sport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Question

As most of you know I am newbie to the dodge Dakotas. I thank everyone that gave me insight on my previous question but now I have another question. . .I am experiencing a sound that I would call grinding after I make turns but it does not always grind at every turn. It seems that it only grinds when I make a sharp turn. I have never experienced a problem like this before. . .does anyone have any suggestions. Thank you in advance

Old 12-29-2005, 11:59 PM
johnpittbull
Default RE: Another Question

Hey Matt, Am new here too, but Just wanted to ask a quick question...Is it coming from the back, or do you have a 4x4? Possibly the sound is coming from the differential, or rear end. Seems that your the 3rd one I know of that has had this problem. I had put friction modifer in my rear axle, as it does have a limited slip rear on it. Have had no trouble since. Hope this helps you out.

Old 12-30-2005, 02:01 AM
Mattsxj98sport

I do have 4wd. . .it seems as if it is comming from the passenger side front area. . .it is puzzling me

Old 12-30-2005, 12:42 PM
kjun
Professional

Could be the CV joints, the wheel bearing or loose suspension components (tie rod, ball joints etc) causing excessive loads in the turns. Check the CV boot for cuts, and grease splatter in that area. Also jack up the right front and move the tire in and out, up and down, side to side, etc, to look for loose/worn suspension components.

Quick Reply: Another Question