2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Fuse Blowing, Help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 10:48 PM
GTurboZ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse Blowing, Help?

I've got a 2000 Dodge Dakota with the 4.7, 4WD, and it is an Extended Cab.. I'm not sure what transmission it has in it, but it is automatic.

This fuse over by the passenger side of the engine bay keeps blowing. I cannot remember if this was put on by the dealer, or if it is stock. I wanna say it was put in place because of the issue the truck has been having.
I apologize because I've just started using the truck so I don't know the full story. The ECU (I wanna say) was replaced because the truck got a CHECK GAUGES light and the alternator gauge stopped working. Whenever the fuse blows, the check engine light comes on, and eventually, the alternator will stop charging.
I've noticed that when the truck reaches a higher RPM, the fuse blows. This would be ok, but the truck goes to higher RPMs, especially when on the highway, which is the worst place to have it go into limp.

Any help would be appreciated, and if I can provide you with any more info, let me know.

Geno

Old 12-16-2021, 11:26 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

A micky mouse bypass to fix a problem whatever wire its plugged next to is the wire that's bypassed look that up to find out what the bypass is to. It could be some kind of ad in also.

Old 12-17-2021, 02:18 AM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 379 Likes on 340 Posts

Def not stock. Where do the red wires lead to?

Quick Reply: Fuse Blowing, Help?