2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

NO START 1999 Dakota V6 4wd

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 02:23 AM
Jocituck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO START 1999 Dakota V6 4wd

So I’m having a problem with my truck, my battery is dead and isn’t charging properly I will say that first off but originally our fuel pump sending unit went so we changed the entire thing in doing so even after jumping the truck wouldn’t start we turn the key and it wants to start, it tries and it almost did the one time for my mother in law but failed to actually start. A mechanic friend of mine tried to hook a code reader up to it but because of the battery dying constantly it couldn’t make connection so he went under my truck and had me turn the key to the on position and he didn’t hear the fuel pump kicking in but its reading my fuel perfect now and working in that sense my lights light up but the battery has literally no juice wouldn’t even spark the jumper cables barely. The battery is 10 years old from 7/12, is the battery causing the truck not to start like could it keep the fuel pump from working fully or what else could it be? I’m lost but I need to get back to work with it and idk what else to do besides getting a new battery. Please someone tell me what I can do. And If I need to be a member to reply can someone email me what to do I’ll put spaces in between the email name it’s at google .. tuckers removal svc at google dot com im legit lost and going broke please if someone can help me figure this out I’d greatly appreciate it.

Quick Reply: NO START 1999 Dakota V6 4wd