2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Howdy to all here on the DF.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 11:57 PM
JD33772
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can not see anything functioning abby normal with, rockers, lifters, camshaft/chain. That's with the valve cover off motoring under starter power. With the valve cover still off I redid the compression test for cyl #2 with the new lifters & remains just under 30 Psi & held over night. Not that i was checking anything just forgot to bleed pressure from the gauge & found that an interesting fun factoid.
Maybe a rocker might be an issue, doubtful but I did swap rocker arms with #4. Re did cyl #2 compression test 0 psi. 3 tests still 0 psi. ok wait a minute. compression tested #4 185 psi 3xs. I swapped rocker arms back to original position & cyl #2 psi back to just under 30 psi x2. Rechecked cyl#4 185 psi 2x.
I am going to try and reproduce the situation using rockers from number six. Checking psi indications as I step along. The biggest issue, for me, is this dam cervo-thorasic junction. Once it over heats I'm screwed about a week usally. So i will be glad to see anyone's thoughts on this in the next 4-5 days.
Any thoughts would be most kindly appreciated, any help or insight at all thanks.

Quick Reply: Howdy to all here on the DF.