2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2004 Dakota 3.7 quad cab 130k miles

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2022, 04:53 PM
JD33772
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scope is on order, just to have one on hand

Originally Posted by Dodgevity
I wouldn't place my focus on rocker arms. They are pretty sturdy pieces of metal and would only be damaged if they got ejected and got caught up in moving parts, or really bad oil habits wore them down. Everything else would have fallen apart for the latter to happen though. My focus would be on the valves/valve seats. Maybe you should scope the cylinder. See if there are any signs of carnage.

This was a rocker of mine after being ejected and me driving the truck home from work, misfire and all. (Yeah, not smart... I was lucky)

Interestingly enough that's exactly what I just bought was a small horoscope so I can look inside and see for myself. So I got another day or two till that gets here and then we'll go take a peek. Yeah looking at the rockers they all look well for 130,000 Miles they are well. Although the bearing on the roller on The rocker had no up and down play at all side to side it had a notable Gap but I wouldn't I mean I swapped the rockers from the cylinders already in it didn't help anything it just confused me more as to why the rockers on cylinder for me the cylinder pressure test go to zero?? And then when I put the rockers back the test goes back up to just under 30. I'm just glad I found out it was number two. Which leads me to thank you for the compression test I should have followed that to start. So hopefully this won't cost too much to get fixed whatever it is but only going to scope it and take a peek. Thanks again for all and any advice

Quick Reply: 2004 Dakota 3.7 quad cab 130k miles