2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Brake Bleeding Nightmare.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2024, 08:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,381 Likes on 3,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Los_Control
Yeah my wife has the drill down good .... go ahead means 3 pumps and hold it .... ok means let it loose .... Not saying she does not complain .... after 30+ years of marriage we make a good brake bleeding team

What pisses me off about the tool, you can see it has a liquid inside it .... I would think it would not be a liquid to freeze and expand.
My tool the only abuse it gets is a timing light in it's packaging sitting on it. While stored in the drawer.
The gauge is split up one side, across the back and then down the other side. Then on one side there are 3 more cracks that spider off the main crack. ..... To me I see a clear case of a freeze crack. ..... Just hard to believe they would use a freezable liquid inside a garage tool .... I guess I will have to start storing it inside my home office.
Hey now, they probably saved a whole 6 cents per tool they sold...... That's money some manager can put in his pocket.......

Old 09-25-2024, 09:04 PM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 385 Likes on 346 Posts

I bleed alone with one of those clear hoses over the nipple and the other end stuck down thru the cap of a bottle and submerged in brake fluid. Works great.

Old 09-25-2024, 09:18 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,381 Likes on 3,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Dodgevity
I bleed alone with one of those clear hoses over the nipple and the other end stuck down thru the cap of a bottle and submerged in brake fluid. Works great.
I am fortunate enough to generally have someone else around to lend a hand. (foot??) Had my granddaughter out there at one point.... She was 8 at the time. She thought it was great fun helping grandpa.... She did complain about her leg being tired though.

Old 09-25-2024, 11:52 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 167 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Dodgevity
I use this strategy as well. As long as it doesn't blow the hose off, it works well.

Quick Reply: Brake Bleeding Nightmare.