2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Removing headlight to change bulb?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 09:01 PM
pseudocyber
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing headlight to change bulb?

Hi all,

QC '01. Trying to remove the driver side headlight cover to change the bulb. The "friendly manual" says, "Remove the bolts attaching the headlamp to the inner fender panel".

What bolts?!? Looking around, I see three torx screws that are readily accessible, one to the upper left, one middle upper, and one bottom right. But it looks like I'm going to need a long torx wrench of the right size to fit these screws.

Can anyone give me any pointers about changing the light bulb? Is there an easier way - am I being dense?

Thanks,

Pseudo.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:52 AM
pseudocyber
Default RE: Removing headlight to change bulb?

Anyone? A little help, please?

Old 04-26-2006, 01:06 AM
titan2087
Veteran

1)open the hood.
2)remove the headlight housing mounting bolts. (2 on the bottom of the housing 1 on the side of the head light facing the radiator.) Also for acces to the bottom 2 bolts youl have to remove the turn singel lights under the main headlight.
3)After removing the 3 bolts holding the headlight in Pull straigth out on the headlight to disengage it from clips in the fender opening.
4) installation is the reverse of removal also after reinstall cheack you head light adjustment.

to detach the turn singel under neath the head light just take the small torx screw out of the side faceing the side of the truck then pull straight out from the reataning clips. (youl need to do this to gain access to the 2 botls holding the main headlight in.)

Also to remove the bulb 1s ya got the housing out just unscrew it and withdraw its counter clock wise to remove and clock wise to install.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:03 AM
pseudocyber

Thanks Titan! I'll try it out tonight!

Old 04-26-2006, 09:53 PM
titan2087
Veteran

You got it let me no how it goes. that should do it as its straight out of the haynes manuel

Quick Reply: Removing headlight to change bulb?