2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Installing foglight override

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 10:37 PM
RP Racing940
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Installing foglight override

Any Haynes or Chiltons manual sold at most autoparts stores will show it. SHould be around $20 for one.

Old 05-27-2006, 02:27 AM
lil
Captain

I'm such a newbie, like a dummy I ordered a kit I found online before I found this forum and something about the kit instruction wise just didn't seem right from the fact it listed tapping into color codes of wires that were incorrect to connecting two wires to an optional switch I didn't order and should not need so I atleast got smart enough to go the a local automotive place the the guys checked it out...they told me all this piece of crap I was sold was going to do it over load my system and blow fuses so I contacted the place online I ordered it from to tell them I wanted me money back....even though I had not tried to install it and the site said refunds within the first 30 days they lied so work to anyone buying online you might want to stay clear of http://www.mrtaillight.com for any electrical parts they do not stand behind the product or their return policy.
Live and learn I guess.......thx for all your help I will try and get the dash apart and try the direct route.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:34 PM
_Green_

ORIGINAL: RP Racing940

Really you didnt need a "kit" (I hope you didnt pay more than 2 buck for it). In the headlight switch you can bypass the fog light cutout relay by jumping 2 wires. Basically 2 splice connectors and 4" id wire is all thats needed.

Heres the simple way to do it. (copied from another board)

First pull the headlight switch
Second, find the blue/black wire on the 14 pin connector
third, find the black/green wire on the 2 pin connector
forth, connect them with a short wire that is the same gauge.
(do not cut them apart)
fifth, tape them up, solder them, whatever you can, but make sure to protect them.
sixth, test it.
seventh, put it back together.
Does this hack work with 00 Daks?

Old 04-30-2007, 12:58 AM
_Green_

yup it does work

Quick Reply: Installing foglight override