2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Exhaust System Info Plz

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 08:20 PM
pablov
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust System Info Plz

I have a dodge Dakota 1997 4wd v-8 and an Airraid intake. I want to buy an exhaust system and new headers as it seems that is the next step to increasing power. Just want to know some information on them. What brand will give me the biggest boost in power or is there no real difference. Also around how much will it cost. And just any experiences people have had with them. Just researching to see if I really want to spend money on an exhaust system. Thanks.

Old 06-20-2006, 09:39 PM
BIGPEX
Default RE: Exhaust System Info Plz

Hey everybody, Im new to the forum. Looking to make some mods on my dakota and I have come here for advice. I am interested in new exhaust, and I was also wondering what you guys think is the best. Although I have a V6 4x4, not v8.
Thanks

Old 06-20-2006, 11:04 PM
kota_99
Default RE: Exhaust System Info Plz

I have a 1999 Dakota 3.9 Lt V6. I put a cat-back flowmaster muffler on and dumped it behind the cab. When i did that i noticed a huge improvement in gas mileage, power, and the sound was awesome. I used the flowmaster 50 series but on a V8 it would be better to go with a 40 series because there will be less restriction.

Quick Reply: Exhaust System Info Plz