2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

bigger tires, tranny shift points?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 01:46 PM
yellowjacket99
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: bigger tires, tranny shift points?

Just wanted to post an update. I got my Superchips tuner Friday and of course had to play with my new toy. When I got to the part where it asks if I want to change tire size and I said yes, it showed 28" as a starting point. Now I'm not sure if that was just a generic number in there, or if that's what it read the OEM was from my stock program. Anyway I changed that to 31", and used the 87 octane tuning, and am very pleased so far. I think I might have to play with the tire size though because on the expressway this morning it seemed like I was going slower than expected. I'll have someone set there cruise at 70 and follow them to compare though first. The truck drives and shifts much smoother now. I switched in the middle of fill-ups, but already noticed some change in mileage. I've been getting 13.5-14 mpg since November with combined highway/city. Just filled up this morning and got 15.37, and that was more city than normal. Will update again with next fill up.

Old 07-05-2006, 02:20 PM
kurbycar32
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bigger tires, tranny shift points?

correcting the speedo (and in turn the odometer) would make that much difference because now your showing more miles traveled

Quick Reply: bigger tires, tranny shift points?