2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Transmission question

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 01:11 AM
turbobuick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Transmission question

we tried junk yards but the piece was different. They were all older models than his. We can not find a 2000 in a junkyard anywhere.

Old 07-02-2006, 01:55 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Transmission question

ORIGINAL: turbobuick

We want to replace it. We are trying to figure where to get one from. The dealership looked at us like we were crazy and the local auto stores have been of no help either.
You need to replace the white part that is connected via what looks like 4 small bolts, correct? (As shown in the picture)
Well, the stealership has got to be able to get you one, I would think. Hmm...
If they look at you like you are crazy because your wanted to purchase a part for your (friends) truck, I would look at them like their damn retards that can't do their jobs, and than go to another dealership. It's a freakin part for a truck THEY make. It's not like your going to a dealership for a part to a Boeing 777.
I wouldn't be suprized that auto part stores don't have it, since they don't have much in what I would consider body parts.
Try the dealership again, if they won't help you, go to another one. Either that, or lookup junk yards that are in the area (outside of the ones you have went to), call them and see what they have. I know when I was in Illinois, my grandpa would have to travel about 30-40 miles to get to a junkyard that has vehicles like we had.

[IMG]local://upfiles/948/AC202C4617D244B7B862308206307020.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Transmission question