2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

"MULTIPLE CYLINDER MISFIRE" CODE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 02:07 AM
DODGERAM808
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "MULTIPLE CYLINDER MISFIRE" CODE HELP!!

MY check engine light came on about a week ago, i thought nothing of it because usually its not. i reset the computer and it went away. well last night it came on again. i had the auto parts store scan it and thats the code that came up. i changed plugs and wires about a week ago. truck runs great. how can i have mutiple cylinder misfire and not notice it. i pulled the plugs re-gappped them and reset the computer again. any ideas? thanks

Old 07-13-2006, 05:40 AM
lil
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "MULTIPLE CYLINDER MISFIRE" CODE HELP!!

Have you double checked the wire rounting from the dist cap to each cylinder?....i.e. you might have a few crossed....just a thought

Old 07-13-2006, 04:58 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 224 Likes on 209 Posts

couple of things can be an issue... coil and the cam position sensor... both of which deal with firing all the cylinders. you also might want to check your plenum for a leak...look down the TB and see if there is oil pooling on the bottom of the intake.

you might want to edit your signature so we can see what motor & tranny & drive setup you have...

Old 07-14-2006, 01:28 AM
DODGERAM808
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks guys. wires are for sure not mixed up. the truck runs great doesnt hesitate, doesnt stumble, no miss fire thats for sure. i will check the plenum. the cap is the only thing i didnt change when i did the wires and plugs so i might pull that just to be safe. but since ive reset the computer it hasnt come back on yet. and my gas mileage is great. hey steve, how do i check the cam position sensor?

Quick Reply: "MULTIPLE CYLINDER MISFIRE" CODE HELP!!