2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

PIAA H4 STAR WHITE vs SYLVANIA SILVERSTAR

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 05:28 AM
lil
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PIAA H4 STAR WHITE vs SYLVANIA SILVERSTAR

Ok who here has tried or seen both aftermarket upgrade 9007 style head lights and which one is better and why PIAA H4 STAR WHITE 3800K or SYLVANIA SILVERSTARS 4000K I am trying to see if and why PIAA bulb are twice as much but seem to be pretty much the same, which would you get if you were upgrading ?

Old 07-14-2006, 11:49 AM
batman13
Grand Champion
Default RE: PIAA H4 STAR WHITE vs SYLVANIA SILVERSTAR

I got the silverstar headlights and the turn signals.
They are BRIGHT. and the light is white, not blue
check out my gallery, i should have pics.
________
Easy Vape Vs Silver Surfer

Last edited by batman13; 09-03-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:55 PM
robrtx

Lil,

You may get some good info from this sight www.danielsternlighting.com

I've never run the PIAAs. I use an Osram in my motorcycle which I believe is the same or very similar to the Sylvania Silvertars and I've been very happy; very white light that illuminates well. I've never heard anything bad about Silvertars from people who've used them but I've heard people say that they have bought the PIAAs and felt they are over rated for the dough...

Another consideration for good night time visibility is the type of lens that you use the bulb in. Most folks who have used "E" code (european lenses) swear by them. I also use an "E" code lens on my bike and it throws a much better pattern than a U.S. (DOT) lens. Daniel Stern discusses this on his web site.

I hope that this info is helpful to you.

Regards,
Bob

Old 07-14-2006, 11:07 PM
robrtx

.............and to answer your last question when it comes time to replace the bulbs in my truck or car I will most certainly go with Sylvania Silverstars or Osram H-4 bulbs.

Rgrds,
Bob

Old 07-15-2006, 01:36 AM
DODGERAM808
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Silverstars hand down are the ones to go with. very bright, white not blue and great illumination

Old 07-28-2006, 05:52 PM
lil
Captain

Well with a bit more reseach I found out the full name of the Sylvania company is Sylvania Osram Inc. in the US they go by Sylvania and in Europe they go by Osram and some of the Euro light don't meet US DOT standards and some do so the easyest is just to go with Sylvania band and as you guys had said I came to the same findings you guys did, the SilverStars really looked good, found them for $44.95 with a $10.00 rebate at Kragen, bought them and then got dirty hehe.......the passenger side was easy to reach and the drivers side was not bad I just followed the directions on replacing the bulbs from another tread on the site under Dakota's took me about 20 minutes and the SilverStars look nice and bright I can't wait to try them at night time tonight.....thx for all the feedback on this one

Quick Reply: PIAA H4 STAR WHITE vs SYLVANIA SILVERSTAR