2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

reducing noise in cabin

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 06:27 AM
v6dodgedakota2000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reducing noise in cabin

im thinking of going with sound deadening material behind the seats and possibly on the bottom of the bed. my idea behind doing the bottom of the bed is to reduce the noise coming from the exhaust even though i already have rhinoliner on the bed. and then underneath the flooring carpet. if i can get in the doors i will. anybody ever tampered with the doors? i realize that it wont be as quiet as a car but id like to do what i can. i posted this here instead of interior section because i wanted to hear about what people have done with there trucks. Not there neons. Thanks

Old 07-21-2006, 06:37 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: reducing noise in cabin

i realize that it wont be as quiet as a car but id like to do what i can
It's a truck, I accept it for what it is. While I've never driven a Gen II, my Gen I doesn't bother me (and I'm sure the Gen II's are quiter, since they always make new vehicles quiter than the old ones).
With that said, I've never used sound deadening material, so, have fun.

Old 07-22-2006, 01:37 AM
brbcbrent
Rookie

When I replaced the speakers in my door I used 'roxul' a residential insulation/sound-proofing and fire-retardant behind the doors to keep bad vibrations outside and the good ones inside . I also installed it behind the trim in the rear of my club cab and it made a world of difference! Nothing 20 bucks and trip to Home Depot can't hurt.

Old 07-22-2006, 04:13 AM
lil
Captain

I had a local shop that did my audio do sound deadening all four doors, firewall, under hood and behind the back seat they ordered online from http://www.b-quiet.com and used the Dynamat Ultimate, in a combo of Dampers, Absorbers and Composites if you have the cash you can have it done for about 500.00-700.00 depending on if you have 2 or 4 doors.....or do it yourself for about 150.00-200.00 in materials....of course I paid to have it done I would of broke everything just getting the door covers off let alone reinstalling it all....good luck it was 110% worth it and made the cab almost car quiet.

Quick Reply: reducing noise in cabin