2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2003 QC SLT Overhead Console Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 04:33 AM
Queenbee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 QC SLT Overhead Console Question

I was wondering if anyone has upgraded thier OHC from base to premium. Mine has the standard rearview mirror and overhead console that has a clip area instead of the one with all the cool goodies. also if you have does it entale new wiring the pigtail from the headliner to the fuse box and the PCM? Or is the wiring already there? If you can't upgrade, oh well. I'm just thrilled to have this cool ride !

Old 08-13-2006, 12:41 AM
asmodeus289
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2003 QC SLT Overhead Console Question

I installed an autodim mirror and the digital overhead console in my '01 Dakota. It's not that hard. Some wiring is involved that will run from the overhead console down to under the dash. The only thing I didn't get to work was the Reverse shut off for the mirror. But otherwise everything works. I can't tell you exactly how I did it right now because trucks in the shop getting repaired. (See "Stolen!!!" posting.) The (Dodge) switched the wiring in '00, so don't get anything previous to that year it won't work. I tried. I could PM you a Word doc on how to install one for the '99 and older models. You should be able to get some info from it.

Quick Reply: 2003 QC SLT Overhead Console Question