2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Fastman TB for 4.7L

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 07:59 AM
lil
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fastman TB for 4.7L

Anyone that has installed the TB from The Fastman on a 4.7L what size did you get and what kind of HP and MPG changes did you get?

Old 10-04-2006, 11:28 AM
DakinUK
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fastman TB for 4.7L

I fitted a FM TB on my 4.7. It took a while for the management to to adjust to the new found air but it makes a nice differance once it does. It feels more responcive and has a bit more at the top end. It now pulls right to the shift point. I found it running out of steam a little bit before the up shift before fitting it. This was the last addition to the engine after all the usual bits. Unfortunatly, its never been on the dyno so I can't give you any figures, before or after but I'd say it adds as much as the straight-through silencer I made and installed onto the standard exhaust but not as much as the FAI or Superchips Power setting, which as far as value for money or BHP/$ is concerned, feels about right. In other words, it doesn't do as much as a Programer but doesn't cost as much! Overall I think its worth it. Nothing left for me to do on mine except some cams or full exhaust but I think the cams will fit in my suitcase easier when I'm next over there!

Regards,

Paul

Quick Reply: Fastman TB for 4.7L