2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

herculiner and its uses.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 05:38 PM
Twiztid
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default herculiner and its uses.

So I went to town last night re-doing my leaf spring bushings. The leaf springs are down at the shop getting the new poly bushings pressed in and I was looking around the rear end. Since I have it apart, I thought, what else can I do while I am in here? I started looking at the surface rust on the axle and was wondering:

1. Is there any reason you can't hurculiner your rear-end? Would it keep heat in too much?

I am doing some painting of small parts right now, but if I do not hear any problems, which I have been searching for too, I will be hurculining that axles/diff.

Old 10-30-2006, 07:11 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker
Default RE: herculiner and its uses.

well firstly, you need to get a wire brush and brush all the chunks and stuff off. Then I suggest get some Por15 which is designed to protect.

Old 10-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Twiztid
Veteran

Yeah I am in there prepping right now. Funny where I am finding chunks of mud wedged in places.

What is por15? Would I use it instead or with hurculiner?

Just looked it up and that stuff is a little more then what I want to do. Especially since once I burn this motor up I will be replacing the rear end to a 9 1/4 rear end. Good tip for when I re-do the truck though.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

yea Por15 is made for rust protection. It's like a brush-on thing. The finish will look like you spray painted it black.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Twiztid
Veteran

My mine concern was some sort of heat issue due to the metal not being exposed and somewhat insulated.

Quick Reply: herculiner and its uses.