2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

"no bus" reading on odometer

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 01:47 AM
jdeeds15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "no bus" reading on odometer

Hi, I have a 2000 v-6 dodge dakota, and the check gauges light comes on frequently... followed quickly by the my voltage meter on my dash skyrocketing. While this is happening i notice no difference in the way my truck is running, also my speedometer and tachometer act funny, they will quit working, for a split second and then come back or just move slow, and just recently I've noticed while im driving, that sometime my odomenter will read "no bus". all of this is very tempermental and will randomly work perfectly fine half of the time. Has anyone else had these problems or anything similar. because i dont know whats wrong with it and i know it cant be good.

Old 11-27-2006, 04:56 AM
kurbycar32
Veteran
Default RE: "no bus" reading on odometer

bad ground in your dash wiring harness. my sisters durango did it and i have seen it pop up a few times on the forum. get the book and look at the wiring diagrams, check all of the main ground connections and the connections on your battery terminal. you should find at least one bad one that magically fixes your problem

Old 11-28-2006, 02:47 AM
jdeeds15

Yeah I checked my battery connections and all the main ground connections in the front end and they were all fine. Is there another ground in the dash wiring or something? or could it be loose dash connections causing it to short? Because all the main grounds i checked.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:13 PM
kurbycar32
Veteran

well like i said, ive seen it several times before and it was always a ground in the dash wiring harness. did you check the wiring diagram in the book or just stick your head under the dash?

Quick Reply: "no bus" reading on odometer