2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

engine codes

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 03:40 PM
vstah
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine codes

Hi Guys,
I just found this forum, and it looks like there is a lot of good info. I have a 98 Dakota V6 club cab, with 87,000 miles on it, and love it. My first Dakota was a 87 that I put 183,000 miles on. It still had the original clutch, and didn't burn a lick of oil. I hated to get rid of it, but my son needed a reasonable vehicle.
My son put his detector on the computer and got the codes. I found the codes I was looking for in here, and now need some help/info. I got codes P0320 (crankshaft position sensor), P0351 (regarding ignition coil), P0463 (full level sensor too high voltage), & P1391 (intermittent loss of cam position sensor. Here are the symtoms. I start up fine. Go down the road a few miles and it starts bucking, jumping and loosing power. It acts similar to having water in the fuel, but that is not it. This will go on for 10 minutes or so, and then it will smooth out and run fine for the rest of the day. (thats why I thought it was water at first). We replaced the coil because that was the easiest & cheapest. But no change, so the coil was good. Anyone ever run into this? Is the crankshaft position sensor easy to get to, to replace? Or is this a garage job? Any help will be apreaciated
Dan

Old 11-28-2006, 03:10 PM
vstah
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: engine codes

bump, anyone?

Quick Reply: engine codes