2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

P03xx Codes Misfires

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 02:22 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default P03xx Codes Misfires

Was checking why my check engline light was on, and found out i had...

p0305- Cyl 5 Misfire
p0303- Cyl 3 Misfire
p0300- Muti Cyl Misfire
p1281- Engine Staying Cold To Long.

Pulled out my plugs and found out there was a lair of crusty **** around them, decided im going to do a tune up on it. Hoping this will fix the problem.

Anyone got any ideas or what some good high performance plugs and wires are?

Also i know i have a 180thermo in my truck and it is winter now.. so should that be normal for the truck to stay colder longer. Atleast i know the thermo is working. isnt the warmup set to 182 for the 360s?

Old 11-30-2006, 04:24 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P03xx Codes Misfires

Are you still running the high cfm injectors? I assume the "crusty ****" you are talking about is some serious carbon build-up from the misfiring. Did you see the build-up on only the plugs from the #3 and #5 cyls? Definately start with some new plugs, gapped correctly, wires and distributor. Do I remember correctly that you are running an MSD ignition, or am I mistaken? Either way, I would highly recommend that being your next upgrade if you have not already.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:42 PM
User
Champion

No, im not running a MSD ignition, but i just looked it up and it looks like im going to run the msd wires, plugs, cap, and MSD Ignition setup.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definately a good start. Did you see the build-up on all of the cyls, or just the ones that were misfiring?

Old 11-30-2006, 05:55 PM
User
Champion

It was about to rain at my house yesterday, but i pulled one plug out cyl 4 and looked at it, and it had build up, so im guessing most of them will have it, they look like stock plugs and wires, so whoever had it before me never changed them.. so looks like im going to be uping those.

So now...
I still need a TB
New plugs and wires, or a full MSD Kit.

You know where i can find a full MSD Kit with plugs wires, rotors, coils, programmer, ect...

Quick Reply: P03xx Codes Misfires