2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

heater problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 01:00 PM
rhutson
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: heater problems

I flushed the heater core and now I have heat. I bought some super flush at the parts store and I'm going to do the whole system this week and get it good and clean. I might change the thermostat but without the right tool to get to it I might just wait as it seems to be working OK. I did get a little nasty gunk from the heater core for about 20 seconds or so then it was clear. Thanks for all the advise and this truck does not have a blendair motor or what ever it's called as I got a mechanic that works on dodge to check and it has a cable that you can see if you lower the glove box down and shine a light over the black box to the fire wall area you can just barely see the cable and then move the heater dial and see it moves OK. I saw someone post they are in OHIO, I was born in Akron, I miss Ohio, well not the COLD *** AIR but I lived there for almost 30 years.

rhutson in NC

Old 12-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: offroadgolfer

Virused, could you post up the pics and tutorial on the reverse flush, i think i too am in need of one badly. By the way i find all your posts very informative thanks for all the help. Also, sweet dak!
Here ya go! I just threw this together last night.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_640588/tm.htm

Old 12-11-2006, 02:13 PM
offroadgolfer

Thank you for the post Virused!!

Old 12-18-2006, 06:19 PM
jsanders73

I found the time to flush it this weekend. It was 60 in OH his weekend, so i figured I had better do it now. Took about 45 mins. The hardest part was removing the hose from the hard line to the water pump as the fan, radiator hose, fan shroud, and serpentine belt were in the way preventing me from getting a lot of leverage. Now I've got heat for whenever we get back to typical OH winter! Thanks for the advice everybody.

Old 12-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: offroadgolfer

Thank you for the post Virused!!
You are more than welcome. I don't want anyone to be freezing their butt of this winter.

Quick Reply: heater problems