2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Clicking type noise?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 01:05 AM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking type noise?

I have noticed this on my 1997 dakota 3.9 is that it makes a clicking type noise when you accereate and the gas on and fuel is being injected at a hard rate. I know this happens on other dodge vehichle like a 1500 dodge ram about the same year, but on an 03 dakota, it does not make this noise... does anyone know how to get rid of it? It is very annoying when I have no music on and makes for a non noisy ride, it might also be my exuasht doing this because well it is in need of a patch right after the headers.

Also does anyone know a good way to fix my muffler it seems to be not joined properly at the headers to the system.

Chris

Old 12-09-2006, 01:21 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Clicking type noise?

your exhaust gasket maybe shot.. or it just may not have one... and for the clicking, one problem with the magnum motors is that is maybe comming from the valve train, get used to it but it doesnt hurt to grab a feeler gauge to check out the clearance between the rockers and the valve stems, someone told me it maybe the timing chain as well... or as you said its your fuel injectors starting to make the noise.. time for new injectors, those thins have some many tiny parts in them that once that thing begins to get problems, you just normally replace it, so next oil change or when it warms up, run some oil treatmen, i used the lucas oil treatment, that took alot of crap out of my crankcase.. good luck

Quick Reply: Clicking type noise?