2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Smashed Rim?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 03:53 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Smashed Rim?

ORIGINAL: rhowe

racing or just normally driving to work. i thought puppies took the fall, not jesus. I took my liscence plate off my truck because everybody here in the midwest (just moved to the mo side of kansas city)drives so slow, and i don't want peope getting my plate #. kepp it in the pass. seat incase i spot a cop so i can put it in the rear window. i hate to rant but i'm going to. lately on the 35mhp roads people drive 25. i drive 50 and push it to 70 to prove a point, and because thats we and i do somtetimgs(it feels good to pass,fly by somebody going 10mph under). I know where the cops sit and i go 8-9 over on the construction zones(don't want to hurt any body) and get radared every day. Ok, can i just get there quiker/am a better driver, or am i an asswh@le? why do i(we)go 30mph over when some people go 20mph under. ??? drives me crazy or faster, i don't know. oh and i think your tire did that.
LOL... nice. I see where your going, and i agree. People going 20 miles under the speed limit are going to cause an accident, just as easy as somone going 20 miles over the speedlimit.

Old 12-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks like a calssic pothole dent to me. When I used to drive my lowered hondas, I would be running the thinnest tire possible. This looked absolutely perfect until you hit a decent sized pothole at any speed. The reason the wheel isn't scratched is simply because the tire transfered the energy between the road and the wheel, causing the dent, but no scratching. If you didnt hit a pothole, then I don't know what to tell you. A tire suddenly losing pressure wouldn't blow your rim in like that, it would blow itself up and any surrounding plastic bodywork before it would damage a billet/cast metal wheel; even if it is just aluminum.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:23 PM
User
Champion

I tired to claim it under my insurance that i pay over 200 a month on.. and they want me to pay them 500 to replace.. it.. insurance makes me sick. I want insurance that covers me if anything happens, its not my fualt the roads in this state suck ***, and if you dodge a pothole you hit another pothole. There are TONS of potholes where i go each day, ones that i hit everyday cuz there is no way around them. That might have done it, but i wasn't speeding. Going about 10-20 by my house and on the roads there are huge drop offs or dips becuase of all the 18 wheelers, they bend my bed each time i go down them.. i wonder if i can call the city and tell them to pay for it, since there roads are ****y...

Old 12-13-2006, 08:32 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my buddy was goin over through a construction zone in his car and the muffler got torn off. so he went after the city and they replaced his muffler. that was because the had no bumpy road signs posted. so its worth a shot at makin the city pay for it.
________
Coach handbags

Last edited by jonnymagnum; 05-08-2011 at 04:30 AM.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:21 PM
RP Racing940
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: User2006
I was at a race track.. Texas Motor Speedway, there is a long street called victory circle. Knowone drives on it most of the time. Its one of the safest places to run. The road is in perfect condition and you have like 3/4 mile view of people coming and going. 4 lanes. Also the sherrif was pretty cool about it, he just said to take my truck home and get my rim fixed.

You werent on a racetrack. You were racing on a private access road (like alot of large malls have). Big difference. Granted its better than doing that crap on streets. But still you got very lucky you didnt get arrested or a serious ticket. Sounds like the deputy was being very nice.

As for the rim, you ran something over. Could had been a 2X4 that the tire maybe just caught part of it, but enough to cause that damage (one big disadvantage to 40series tires and lower).

Old 12-13-2006, 10:55 PM
lil
Captain

maybe next time he can just impound your truck and put you in jail until you are old enough to not hurt someone by doing something stupid like racing on the street.......there is no room for that kind of stupidity....go to the track and get stupid all you want but not on the public street......sorry but I am not going to candy coat it.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:43 AM
User
Champion

ORIGINAL: jonnymagnum

my buddy was goin over through a construction zone in his car and the muffler got torn off. so he went after the city and they replaced his muffler. that was because the had no bumpy road signs posted. so its worth a shot at makin the city pay for it.
Meh its an option, is NTB wants to pull some bs on me. Ill see what i can do. The roads around here are really bad. And there are no signs..

ORIGINAL: RP Racing940

I was at a race track.. Texas Motor Speedway, there is a long street called victory circle. Knowone drives on it most of the time. Its one of the safest places to run. The road is in perfect condition and you have like 3/4 mile view of people coming and going. 4 lanes. Also the sherrif was pretty cool about it, he just said to take my truck home and get my rim fixed.
You werent on a racetrack. You were racing on a private access road (like alot of large malls have). Big difference. Granted its better than doing that crap on streets. But still you got very lucky you didnt get arrested or a serious ticket. Sounds like the deputy was being very nice.

As for the rim, you ran something over. Could had been a 2X4 that the tire maybe just caught part of it, but enough to cause that damage (one big disadvantage to 40series tires and lower).
The cops around here are very cool, i know most of them, its a small town and everyone knows everyone. The main thing the cop was concerd about was my rim, im actually grateful that he stoped to tell me that. Cuz the driving experiance didnt change one bit after my rim bent. So i woudnt have known unless it caught my eye the next time i looked at my rims.

I had my dad look at the tire, and he says it has to do with a bad tire and a pothole. More then likey it was a small potpole and the bad tire gave out, and caused a bubble in the tire and a bent rim. So i dont know. Im taking it down to NTB tomorrow to see what they can do for me. Im going with 50aspect in the front and 55 in the rear so they are not going to be as low profile as the ones i have now.

ORIGINAL: lil

maybe next time he can just impound your truck and put you in jail until you are old enough to not hurt someone by doing something stupid like racing on the street.......there is no room for that kind of stupidity....go to the track and get stupid all you want but not on the public street......sorry but I am not going to candy coat it.
Ya ok mom...

I know when and when not to do it. It was late at night, no one was on the streets. Its a local spot to do it. I have a fast truck, i dont drive it for nothing... your going to to tell me that you NEVER ONCE slightly raced somone on the streets or was speeding cuz you where late on a local road. I Highly doubt it, and if your going to bust my nuts about it, then go preech to everyone else on this damn site.

Dont come flame me on my threads with your useless b**ching. I would understand if you where complaing becuase there was old grandma crossing the road 17 redlights, and about 30 cars on the road, and i ran all the lights hit grandma, and was weeving in and out of traffic, thats not the case, but thanks for caring. Im SURE you abide by all laws what so ever, you perfect angel.

K Thanks.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:34 AM
Chris
Record Breaker

Ya ok mom...

I know when and when not to do it. It was late at night, no one was on the streets. Its a local spot to do it. I have a fast truck, i dont drive it for nothing... your going to to tell me that you NEVER ONCE slightly raced somone on the streets or was speeding cuz you where late on a local road. I Highly doubt it, and if your going to bust my nuts about it, then go preech to everyone else on this damn site.

Dont come flame me on my threads with your useless b**ching. I would understand if you where complaing becuase there was old grandma crossing the road 17 redlights, and about 30 cars on the road, and i ran all the lights hit grandma, and was weeving in and out of traffic, thats not the case, but thanks for caring. Im SURE you abide by all laws what so ever, you perfect angel.

K Thanks.
I think you need to show some respect, or at least some common courtesy. I, for one, am not going to listen to you badmouth lil because you choose to be a moron on the streets. If you want to race, do it on the track.

Old 12-14-2006, 02:06 AM
User
Champion

ORIGINAL: virused

Ya ok mom...

K Thanks.
I think you need to show some respect, or at least some common courtesy. I, for one, am not going to listen to you badmouth lil because you choose to be a moron on the streets. If you want to race, do it on the track.
I will race where i feel is right for me and the other person. Everyone can be mr/mrs perfect on the net. Im being 100% me. I tell what happens with no BS if you don’t like it don’t read it, commenting on how its wrong is not going to change how i think. No matter how much you try. Once again i don’t have anything against anyone here. I think everyone is cool, but when people dont know **** about me over the Internet and try to bust my nuts over something they are blowing way out of the water... its annoying. I know what im doing... you don’t live near me, you don’t know me, you where not at the race, you have no idea what’s going on. I try to be safe as much as i can when i do things like this. So deal with it.

I post tons of races in the Street/Strip section. Obviously there are other people that do it, otherwise they wouldn’t have a section for it...

im glad you guys know how to complain. I think if you do it some more you might be able to persuade me to stop... /end sarcasm

Dont get all mad now. Im just defending myself and what i beleive.

Love to all!

Old 12-14-2006, 02:09 AM
Twiztid
Veteran

You hit something and bent a rim, not really much else to say.

Probably time to lock this thread before it gets out of control

**just have to add it, User, if your going to talk smack, at least use spell check**

Quick Reply: Smashed Rim?