2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

plug wires

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 02:32 AM
dodgedakota98luver
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default plug wires

well my truck had 8mm spark plug wires on it and they finally went bad and you could see them sparking when it was dark outside. so i went to 3 different autoparts stores and they said they absolutly could not get 8mm plug wires for my truck and all they had was 7mm so i though well i dont really want to but i had to have them so i bought a set of duralast plug wires for 30 bucks. me and my girlfriend put them on this afternoon and all was well. then i ran her home and after i got back i poped the hood to make sure problem was solved and these plug wires arc worse than my old ones. A arc of electricity lights up the entire length of each plug wire every once in awhile. Did i just get faulty plugwires or are the part stores just full of crap and these trucks need the 8mm? My 8mm plugs never used to do it they just started last week

Old 12-14-2006, 03:01 AM
lil
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: plug wires

All I can tell you is I learned a long time ago to not touch the plug wires while the truck is running.......I thought something bit me hehe

These are not cheap but are heavy duty you might try them.

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/dodge_d...6gTr9rBNzSLIFr

Old 12-14-2006, 11:56 AM
gutted
Veteran

I'm running Duralast plug wires in my truck along with a Duralast distributor cap and rotor. No problems for me for maybe 10000 miles?

Old 12-14-2006, 01:44 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

Arcing is not a problem caused by the diameter of your plug wire.

Quick Reply: plug wires