2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Body lift kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 08:18 PM
kdklotz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body lift kit

I have a 2000 Dakota Sport 4x4 and was thinking about puting a body lift kit on it. I know some people wouldnt advise it but oh well. I was just wondering how much actual work goes into that and how much it will cost besides the actual kit? If anyone knows and could let me know that would be great.
thanks a lot,
Kevin

Old 12-16-2006, 09:47 PM
DakotaMan
Veteran
Default RE: Body lift kit

My 3in body kit cost 250. And for a first timer I would say 5-6 hours

Old 12-16-2006, 09:48 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

body lifts arent that bad to do. all you will need are a couple off budies or a jack to jack up the cab and box. I would do one side at a time.

I did a 4" body lift on my old bronco and it was easy. I dont know what you'll have to modify on the dakota though. exept for the gas filler neck and iirc the steering shaft.

Old 12-17-2006, 05:50 AM
RP Racing940
Record Breaker

I did a friends ram. Caused more problems than it was worth. By time I was done, it would had been easier and CHEAPER to do a suspension lift. Re-do brake lines, transfer case shifter position, radiator mounts, wiring harness extensions (cab to chassis, taillights to chassis and driving lights. Made the extensions so the truck could be returned to stock, no cut harnesses) , shifter rods needed modifying, gas linkage, gas filler neck and having to realign the doors to fenders.Then he hit a car with it. One of the bolts that came with the kit that was teh pass front cab mount snapped.

Plus check state laws where you are.

Old 12-17-2006, 12:21 PM
jordanu23
Professional

i have a 3" body lift on my dak and it took a lil bit to put on because it was my first one and i was doing it by myself, but other then that its not hard to install. i didnt have to modify any of those things. the steering extention was a bit of a pain cause u dont have much room to work with it. but other then that it was fine. i found my PA body lift on ebay. got it for bout $210. they have tons of them on there. just make sure u get the right one for ur truck.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:08 PM
hOw hIgH

I have a 99 ext cab 4x4. 3 inch suspension and 4 inch body. The problem with the body lift, if you already have a suspension is that you take the chance of not being able to change your oil filter. I had to install a oil relocating kit.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:15 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what gets in the way of the oil filter. its already a PITA to do. oil gets everywhere.

Quick Reply: Body lift kit