2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 08:48 PM
kdklotz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cold air intake

Does any one have a cold air intake or any type of aftermarket intake on their dakota that could tell me if there is any noticable power gain? Also any advice on a brand for the intake and any other info about them would be great.
thanks a lot
-Kevin

Old 12-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Default RE: cold air intake

Using the search tool on this forum will help you tremendously on this topic.

Old 12-19-2006, 04:46 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 224 Likes on 209 Posts

I have used CAI's on several vehicles & they do work to provide a bump in power.as for how much gain there is...it really depends on how bad the stock setup is. cold air = low to midrange power (torque).

Old 02-04-2007, 05:37 PM
matrix86

I really want a either a CAI or SRI for my 3.9L dakota, I can't find one anywhere....[sm=helpout.gif]

Old 02-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Moody Blues

K@N Is the only company I know of that took the time to Dyno and Prove any Gain before they released there CIA even thoe the public was demanding the Intakes.AirRaid and other Intake manufactures did not Dyno due to the fact the gain is so Little you can only tell it on the Dyno Graphs..And the Dyno charts show gains in the Higher RPM ranges rather than the Lower RPMs.So do not excpect to buy a intake and feel the diffrence you will not! It is a small gain of 4 to 5 horse (If Lucky)Max in the Higher Rpm Ranges.Anyone that says they gained more then 5 horse are very Mislead on there Asumptions!You Would have to prove It And You Cant Because Gains That High dont Excist From Just A CAI.I have one and I love the sound and the extra Mile or two I get in the Tank.It was My Very first mod so I can tell you from excpieriance You do not feel the Gain But with The K&Nthe gain is Proven to be there.

Quick Reply: cold air intake