2002 Dakota CTM problem and fix for everyone's knowledge - Page 6 - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Dakota > 2nd Gen Dakota Tech
Reload this Page >

2002 Dakota CTM problem and fix for everyone's knowledge

2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2002 Dakota CTM problem and fix for everyone's knowledge

Old 07-07-2016, 10:38 PM
wnrsm

Thanks for the information in this thread! I'll add to the information here.

2003 Durango SLT 4x4 4.7L with the trip computer. CTM part number P56049073AK

When driving the lights would turn on by themselves. Sometimes the right headlight would go out. I was dreading the hassle of replacing the CTM because it involved having a dealer (or locksmith) add my remotes back to the vehicle.

Removing the CTM was rather easy. Disconnect the battery. Remove the driver's door sill plate by pulling straight up on it. Remove the exposed screw for the driver's kick panel. Remove the other/last/second screw on the kick panel - found to the left of the brake pedal. There's a notch in the carpet.

CTM is held in with three screws and two "guide pins." Remove the three screws and pull the CTM straight off in the direction that the screws came out. There are three electrical connectors. They're unique and keyed so they can only be connected in the correct manner.

I found that the top-most (and largest) of the three electrical connections had minor corrosion on the lower-right pin when viewed from its installed position. The rest of the pins on all the connectors were okay. I cleaned it up and applied some dielectric grease in hopes of keeping it from corroding further.

I have only had it back together for a short while. I haven't yet seen the symptoms return.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:07 PM
jennjoe4
Exclamation All lights are flashing.

I have a 2002 Dakota Quad Cad 2WD, 3.9L. I've noticed the following happening. When I turn the lights on at dark. All the lights will flash, this includes headlights, and taillights, along with dash.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aga59x6VB5kHi_Eu3wxbo5fJOZVKdg

It doesn't happen when the truck is not running, and no key in the ignition I can turn the lights on, and everything looks normal.

I've read that it may be the CTM. But i'm not sure.

On Aug 30, 2016 & Aug 31, 2016, my Dakota honked the horn all by itself as I was driving. I asked a local mechanic, but with out looking at it, he basically said that it could be the alternator.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by jennjoe4; 08-31-2016 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Adding additional information
Old 08-05-2018, 02:17 AM
nyscrod
Default Just a question about the module#

Did the old and new module # match ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2002 Dakota CTM problem and fix for everyone's knowledge

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: