2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Band Adjustments + problem(s)?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 07:54 PM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Band Adjustments + problem(s)?

Okay, I have a 1997 dakota 4wd with an automatic transmission and I am having some problems, It has a a front band adjustment by the cables, does anyone know a good way to adjust this I tried to but it was very difficult to do so. So I would like some help, also sometimes I will be driving right after i start it up, it stalls and dies? And this morning there was a clunk type noise happening when I put it into gear, but It only happened for about the first minute while I was not driving. After it was warm no problems so I don't know what it is... maybe just oil needs to be warmed up more, but My truck also does not SHIFT into second gear and likes to rev up really high in first gear. Does anyone have a diagram of where the TCM is on this truck. I got it stuck in a hole awhile back and about a week later I had problems with my tranny. (Water was in there) It is all drained and it runs great except for these two problems?

Might it be better to just buy a new transmission? Does anyone know where I can get a used transmission that works 100% with 100k or so? Thanks Chris

Old 12-27-2006, 05:20 PM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Band Adjustments + problem(s)?

anyone?

Quick Reply: Band Adjustments + problem(s)?