2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Infinity 60.7CS speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 02:00 AM
Fisherguy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinity 60.7CS speakers

I got my son some of these to replace the ones he blew in his Dakota.
They have 6.5" woofers and seperate tweeters we want to mount in the door.
Was wondring if anyone has experience with Infinity components or similar speakers. Would like to know where you mounted the crossovers? In the door makes the most sense but they need to be mounted somewhere they'll be kept dry.
Open to suggestions...

Old 01-06-2007, 04:10 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Infinity 60.7CS speakers

behind the deck is the easiest place to mount the c/o if not there then in the kick panels. Thats where i useally mount mine when i do installs, also i hope your running an amp to these.. or they will sound like blah...

Old 01-06-2007, 06:19 AM
Fisherguy

I'm running whatever wires are in the door to the new speakers, I assume they go to the amp?..¿

Old 01-06-2007, 03:16 PM
User
Champion

ORIGINAL: Fisherguy

I'm running whatever wires are in the door to the new speakers, I assume they go to the amp?..¿
your going to have to get a wire diagram of the net to find out what color is what, if you have stock componets more then likely you have a stock amp, stock amps are useally 8ohm stable, your putting 4 ohm speakers in,there is a going to be a problem with that your either going to have to wire the speakers in a series to get a 8ohm load from a 4ohm speaker, raising the resistance like that makes them sound really bad, and with a stock amp, your geting stock power, aftermarket amp is the way to go, they got a nice 4 channel amps that would work nice with those componets useally around 200-400dollars depending on brand and power.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Fisherguy

Actually he has the Infinity Sound package which use 2 ohm speakers. When I was shopping for speakers the shops only had 4 ohm, so right away his power would be cut in half.
...anyhow, the Kappa's are 2 ohm as well so it should work well (I hope).

I was hoping to be able to put the crossovers in the door to cut down on the wiring we need to do, that might not be possible I guess..?

With the stock system he had enough power before, for now we'll put the new speakers in and the rest will be up to him.

Santa also brought him a shop manual which will be handy...

Old 01-06-2007, 11:18 PM
User
Champion

Actually he has the Infinity Sound package which use 2 ohm speakers. When I was shopping for speakers the shops only had 4 ohm, so right away his power would be cut in half.
...anyhow, the Kappa's are 2 ohm as well so it should work well (I hope).

I was hoping to be able to put the crossovers in the door to cut down on the wiring we need to do, that might not be possible I guess..?

With the stock system he had enough power before, for now we'll put the new speakers in and the rest will be up to him.

Santa also brought him a shop manual which will be handy...
lol.. gota love Santa, and ya those kappas should be perfect for the setup. If you really want you can mount the crossovers anywhere you want, you useally dont have that much room in door panels unless you cut out a hole or somthing, wiring is not a big deal ita real easy, easier then drillingand cutting door panels.. lol. Good luck on the install. Keep us up to date.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Fisherguy

Santa knew he'd be doing most of the work on it! [sm=grinangel.gif]

Old 01-07-2007, 06:58 AM
User
Champion

Santa knew he'd be doing most of the work on it! [sm=grinangel.gif]
lol.. thats pretty funny.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:54 PM
cleverusername
Rookie

i just mounted audiobahn 6.5 with a removable tweeter and external crossover in my front door. i cut a hole in the front upper corner for the tweeter and mounted the crossover with double sided sticky tape on the inside of the door itself (not between the door and the panel). its worked out nice. but i did change out my head unit so that my ohm load would match-up. you don't always need an external amp to push some speakers. mine are 100watts RMS but my head only puts out 50watts max/ch. usually, the noise that sounds like distortion from your speakers is vibrations in your door panel or else where. i can crank my stereo and it is loud as hell with lots of bass...even for 6.5's (just waiting on my amp for my sub). but the taking the time to get rid of the rattles and vibrations makes the biggest and most noticable difference in making good quality sound.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:32 AM
User
Champion

ORIGINAL: cleverusername

i just mounted audiobahn 6.5 with a removable tweeter and external crossover in my front door. i cut a hole in the front upper corner for the tweeter and mounted the crossover with double sided sticky tape on the inside of the door itself (not between the door and the panel). its worked out nice. but i did change out my head unit so that my ohm load would match-up. you don't always need an external amp to push some speakers. mine are 100watts RMS but my head only puts out 50watts max/ch. usually, the noise that sounds like distortion from your speakers is vibrations in your door panel or else where. i can crank my stereo and it is loud as hell with lots of bass...even for 6.5's (just waiting on my amp for my sub). but the taking the time to get rid of the rattles and vibrations makes the biggest and most noticable difference in making good quality sound.
underpowering ANY speaker is bad, you will blow it faster then overpowering. Also Watts and RMS are not the same thing, if your deck is 50wat x4 normaly the RMS is 15-18wat RMS x4, if the componets peak is 100rms, then the wat is about 220-250wats... underpowering like that is NOT a good idea, the speakers will still work and make noise, but you will have to turn your volume up close to max to get the full sound range, putting that much stress on the speakers when being underpowerd will blow then really fast, the less you have to turn your radio up and increase the outpout levels less the speakers have to work so they sound clearer and last longer, its like a bottle neck...

Quick Reply: Infinity 60.7CS speakers