2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

update on flooded engine

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 04:34 AM
corri
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update on flooded engine

awhile back i posted about my 97 3.9 sport having flooded cylinders. it ran fine until i had the dealer replace the cat that was under warranty. they changed the O2 sensor and said see ya! well after many frustrating days, we figured it out. i changed the iac, pcv valve. had the fuel pressure regulator and pump tested. all was good there. today on a whim i decided to check the O2 sensors again. they were JUNK! i would almost bet that they were original! changed them both, drove it around, put it back on the scanner and it drives like new. i wigged on the dealer to no avail. but hey, its running!

Old 01-06-2007, 06:38 AM
lil
Captain
Default RE: update on flooded engine

I am not sure of your state but in California there is a Department called the "beauro of automotive repair" and if a lic. dealer does fraudulent work like yours did you can file a complaint that if they find in your favor not only gets you the money back for the repair and like in your case under warranty you get the time and cost of fixing what they screwed up for your cost of labor and parts, it is worth looking into if you save the parts and they can see if in fact the dealer is at fault....most states have some sort of department that does this type of thing for the consumer.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:58 PM
corri
Default RE: update on flooded engine

i live in PA. i am going to call and complain to there district office.

Quick Reply: update on flooded engine