2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Retractable tonneau cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 07:33 AM
flipzkid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retractable tonneau cover

Does anyone here have a retractable tonneau cover for their Dakota? Please let me know what brand and what you think about it so far. I'm looking at this Peragon brand because the price is pretty reasonable compared to others but I really won't know how it performs until I buy it. Thanks.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:07 AM
DakinUK
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Retractable tonneau cover

I have a Retrax retractable bed cover and I'm very pleased with it. Its a solid sheet of polycarbonate, that rolls up into its own cannister. Just Google Retrax and you should find thier web site. The staff were really helpful and friendly and helped a lot with the shipping to the UK. Its pretty easy to fit, althought its not quite a one man job and is pretty water proof.
I think its the best of both worlds. It looks good but is still practical as you can lock it open in any possition when carrying large loads. The only downside is that as with all retractable covers, you loose a bit of load space at the cab end due to the cannister. In my case it makes the load bed about 8 inches shorter.

Hope this helps, Paul.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:22 AM
flipzkid

The Retrax cost quite a bit of money though. Doesn't it? Anyone else have any other good experience with a different brand? Thanks for the info Paul.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:41 AM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an extang soft cover on mine. I love it. the only thing I hate is you can get all the domes on when it cold out side. [:@]but when its warm out I can do it in like 2 minutes.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:17 AM
yomonyomo

I have a turxedo that is very easy to roll up when not using it. It gets a litle stiff in the winter, but not too bad. I also put some armorall on it once in a while and it kepps it looking good.

Quick Reply: Retractable tonneau cover