2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

cold air problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 02:52 PM
woodyjp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cold air problem

Ok, this might be kinda hard to explain, but ill do my best. Today i recieved my new cold air intake for my 2000 dodge dakota 3.9L V6. When trying to install it, i had a problem fitting the filter in place. This was due to a wire or something that looks like a wire that goes from what appears to be the carburator to a silver circular object on the right side of the engine compartment that is attached to the fender. While i did get the filter to fit properly this wire or whatever it is was pushing down pretty hard on the filter and im not really comfortable with it like that. Any help here would be great, ill hopefully be bale to get some pics up later.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:38 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker
Default RE: cold air problem

I have a V-8 not realy familiar with the 3.9 but can you get a picture of what your talkign about, prept sure it isnt a carburator wire...?!? just a guess but mabie a evap can? those arnt silver tho...or part of the a/c system...

Old 01-20-2007, 04:05 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

Just to let you know, your truck is fuel injected. I am assuming you are talking about your throttle body. Please provide a picture of where it is binding so we can give you a routing solution.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:16 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that silver round thing on the fender is your cruise control . this CAI is it the one that use the stock air hat and the tube then the CAI mounts to that then the CAI itself mounts to the fender using the factory bolts ? like the airaid CAI ..if so what i did was bend the cruise control up a little bit so the filter fit under the cable not much but just enough..

Old 01-20-2007, 05:17 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unless he took my route and got the k&n for the 5.9 and put it on the 3.9... the k&n comes with the cruise control relocation bracket if thats what hes talking about, otherwise im at a lost, when i installed mine i had nothing in the way of the filter

Old 01-22-2007, 12:53 AM
woodyjp

i was on vacation so i could not get a pic up, will do that tomorrow, but ive been told by a few ppl at school that it is the cruise control that is in the way, tomorrow after i take my midterms i think i will look at it better and see if i can bend the bracket out of the way or just move it off to the side a bit, but ill try to put a pic up anyway tomorrow, thanks

Quick Reply: cold air problem