2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2nd Gen Do It Yourself info

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 02:13 PM
zanethan
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Step 8:
Reassemble. Once you have allowed sufficient drying time go ahead and reassemble the truck. Make sure you are careful of not hitting the new paint with any parts. The paint is still soft and may crack if this happens sending you back you step 1. You may also apply the graphics at this time if you wish. Do not wax the vehicle for about a month to allow the paint to properly cure.

It should now look like this:
002.jpg

That's it! Hopefully this write up helps. The most important thing is to take your time and do the prep work right. If you don't the final product will show the short cuts. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:53 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sticked!

Old 11-07-2009, 02:21 PM
97REDSPORT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default manifold heat shield?

on my 97 sport the left side heat shield fell of, after the notice of a pitting sound above 2 grand RPM I checked to find no manifold gasket. there seems to only be the two front bolts and the Y pipe that hold this to the engine. Can that stay or do I need to get a new heat shield to plug the dead holes in the block to support the manifold. ps Mopar this is a really cheesy assembly.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:52 AM
RPMRamFury
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAHAHAHA ^ this guy is great

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen Do It Yourself info