2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

New Intake Time!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:56 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Intake Time!

ORIGINAL: virused

ORIGINAL: DevilDog17

If you use header wrap on the intake will it get hot and trap the hot air in the intake or will it deflect most of the heat getting into the intake?
I am already planning on it. I am going to be buying 75-100 feet of it already for an ongoing project of mine; hopefully I will have a little left over.
when you wrap it up, post some pics. maybe I'll rap mine up if she doesnt look too bad

Old 02-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: jk240sx

Looks bling Chris. is the throttle crisper?
Well, before I had a drop-in K&N filter, which was grabbing air from inside the passenger side fender. I haven't had a conventional paper filter in it for over 4 years, so I can't really compare it to stock. It has always had great throttle response, especially in the low RPM's. IMHO, the 3.9 is a very torquey motor in the bottom end.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:45 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does anyone know if this intake or one like this off of ebay will fit on a 4.7. i will hopefully be getting a truck by the end of this week or next week and was just wondering. thanks

Old 03-06-2007, 01:35 AM
dodgedakota98luver
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: virused

ORIGINAL: rhowe

you should cut a hole through your rubber shielding behind the grill inbetween the rt light and the radiator to let some cool air through so u don't have all the hot air off the engine hitting it, or just remove it alltogether. i'd show you my set up but i tried posting pictures once or twice and it didn't work. how the preformance? i also put in an alum tube on it thinking it would be a smoother flow than the ribbed rubber piece but the alum. gets really hot, might go back to rubber or just insulate the tube really well. i like the way it looks for pretty not that much $$.whatqaulity is thefilter and how is the fit???
This would allow excessive moisture into the engine compartment in a rainy situation. The filter isn't a K&N, however, it is a knock off of one. Great quality, I was rather surprised. Same cotton/wire mesh and it is washable.
yeah thats not a good thing to do without some sort of a way to change it. for instance my truck i modified the air tube to where it gets air forced from behind the grill but i made it detatchable so if it rains i can detach it and put it back in the stock location. then cover up the hole.

Old 03-07-2007, 05:29 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i ripped off that piece of rubber when i put in my AIRAID CAI, and i drive in the rain and ive never had any problems.

Quick Reply: New Intake Time!