2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

im new to this forum and to dodge trucks!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 01:59 AM
kfoutre
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im new to this forum and to dodge trucks!

hey everyone so i just got a 2002 Dodge Dakota R/T 5.9L ext cab. I know this has been asked and replied to in many posts..ive read up to like page 25...but i also hear that with the wrong exhaust setup you can lose low end torqe. Now i heard a v8 6.1L i think it was with magnaflows and it had a nice rumble to it so i think im gonna get a magnaflow muffler....call me stupid but i shouldnt lose any low end torqe just swappin out mufflers right? but im also thinking of a flowmaster 40 because i have a 93 ford SHO with 2 of those on there and it kinda makes that V6 rumble.....i imagine it would have a better rumble with a V8? sorry if these are stupid and if they have been answered

Old 02-22-2007, 02:04 AM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: im new to this forum and to dodge trucks!

welcome to the forum

I like magnaflows too. they sound alot better then flowmaster imo. they dont have the crackle that the flows have.

and you wont lose any low end power if your just swapping mufflers.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:40 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

Welcome to the forums. I have a Flowmaster original 40 on my truck (single) with a high flow cat, headers, and 3" exhaust and I love it. No crackle at all. It actually sounds like more of a hum. I do wish it had slightly more rumble to it actually. But overall I think it sounds great, especially when I get on it

Old 02-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

Welcome!

Old 02-22-2007, 07:04 PM
DevilDog17
Professional

I like the Flowmaster 40's myself. Nice rumble amd sounds tough, I actually wish it was a little louder. You can't go wrong with the 40's.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:06 PM
kfoutre

hey thanks, yea i think what im gonna do is put a magnaflow hiflow cat, and muffler and then get a K&N CAI and i should be good, im not sure if u guys know much about Good Hoods ram air intake...its not cold air intake but if u buy there cowl induction hoods it seals off the air intake right above the intake manifold and it draws the air right from the holes in the hood do u think this would be good at all?

Quick Reply: im new to this forum and to dodge trucks!