2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

In cab lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 10:47 AM
01dakota
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In cab lights

Have you ever been driving down the highway and then come across one of those 18 wheelers all decked out in lights and it looks like a christmas tree rolling down the road? Wellnine out of ten times they have these interior cab lights the look like miniature led brake lights. You can see then in the inside corners of the windshield.

Well, I'm looking for those lights !! They are not for me but, I am looking for a buddie of mine, he has a heavy duty ram with the cummins turbo diesle in it. He is decking it out a little bit here and there and hecant find them anywhere. I checked a few truck stops here in the area and they dont carry them. Anyone Know where I can get them online?

Old 03-09-2007, 11:44 AM
imnothot02
Record Breaker
Default RE: In cab lights

for inside correct...they have all kinda of ledtrim lights for exterior....

Old 03-09-2007, 12:01 PM
01dakota
Rookie

Yes, for inside. I am assuming they use outside led lights on the inside. I'm just not sure what ones they use. I would also have to figure out a way of mounting and wiring them. I know some come with mounting brackets but I'm not sure if they would be practical for in cab use. I guess the lights would either be 2" to 2" marker lights but I think if I can find the small little 1' or so leds that would be better. I'm not sure though, I'm kinda just pissin in the wind here.

You usually see 1 in each upper corner of the windshield. Kinda like two led eyeballs staring at ya.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:20 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker

this is what i use when im doing my day job... custom remodeling for under cab lighting and such, now im not sure but you may have to use a inverter... but this would bwea easy way of geting the light where you want it, its cuttable every three feet...go to a good store that has eletrical stuff and get some screw ties, they are zip ties that have a ear for a screw...

Old 03-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Old 03-10-2007, 01:11 AM
01dakota
Rookie

Thank's guys, I'll do some more searching around.

Old 03-10-2007, 05:49 AM
imnothot02
Record Breaker

do what virusd said that would be way easier..

Old 03-10-2007, 01:50 PM
craigstockman
Rookie

I dont know exactly what your talking about but be careful if its a red color or blue. In most states its illegal to have those colors inside the vehicle as those are energency colors. I also know for a fact in Kansas you cannot see the bulb from the outside so the light needs to be accent lighting. Just thought i'd throw that out there. I hope you can find those lights though. If ya do you should try and post some pics of the finished product.

Quick Reply: In cab lights