2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Help from the 4.7 guys

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 01:11 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Help from the 4.7 guys

What direction does your factory E-fan spin? CCW or CW ?

Old 09-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Blacknights
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm pretty sure it would be the same direction as your mechanical fan. I don't have my truck to give you a positive answer.

Old 09-15-2013, 03:28 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

should be spinning as a puller.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:04 AM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would seem that the electric fan spins the opposite direction than that of the mechanical fan.

Maybee I'm over thinking it but would not the mech fan create a vortex and spin the electric fan in the same direction as it self; and increase the electric fan strain to spin in the opposite direction>?

If I'm looking at these two fans from the perspective of looking into the engine bay from the front; the mech fan is spinning ccw and the electric fan spins to the CW. Motor on side of engine blade on side of radiator as it shows them in the Jeeps.

That's why i was asking on the newer dak's what direction the factory fan spins. I have the Jeep Recall fan that i want to use in combination with my mechanical fan. So I'm considering everything trying to make it work.

I might go get all Dakota parts if the spin of the Jeep fan is different

on a second note; if i want to push the radiator forward to allow room for the electric fan; lets say drop the rad out of a newere model dak that came with the fan i see its pushed forward is there anything special i have to do to make it work and mount? What all has to move?

Old 10-03-2013, 04:33 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

look at the blades. direction doesnt matter as long as both are in a puller configuration. I've seen both CCW and CW pullers and pushers.

Quick Reply: Help from the 4.7 guys