2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

New headlights and parking lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 10:05 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default New headlights and parking lights

I have seen a few threads here about replacement headlights. Mine were getting pretty bad, one was leaking water inside it and the other was yellowed and hazed over beyond what I could fix. I read about the composite lights and looked at them online but never saw too many that I liked. The ones I did think looked good had bad reviews for their light quality. So I found these on Amazon, the brand is Eagle Eyes and they are a direct OE replacement aftermarket light. They came with new headlight bulbs and also new parking light lenses too. Cost was about $43.00 per side.

These Eagle Eyes lights look great, just like OEM, they were easy to aim and even with the standard headlight bulbs they still put out a lot of good clear useable light. They shine a good distance down the road too. They bolted right in with the factory bolts and also came with new plastic ball and socket pins for the top outside corners. The only trouble I had with them was the side marker light on the new lens has a plastic boss around it that will not allow the marker light socket to snap back in place. All I had to do was trim the socket down with wirecutters so it fit the hole, and it still twisted back in place. Then I just sealed it up with rope caulk around the edge.

P1010053_1.jpg

P1010051_1.jpg

P1010052_1.jpg

If anyone here needs new lights, the Eagle Eyes are definitely worth checking out. I am very pleased with mine. I bought some liquid headlight protectant and plan to keep these treated so they stay in good shape.

Jimmy

The following users liked this post:
V8Cowboy (09-11-2021)
Old 09-08-2015, 07:49 AM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 376 Likes on 338 Posts

Looks nice Jimmy. When I got mine, I also, was fearful of water leaks. I used black RTV and went around every seam, before I installed them.

The following users liked this post:
V8Cowboy (09-11-2021)
Old 05-27-2016, 02:13 PM
patchelect
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reviving an "old" thread here. How have these lights held up so far? Do they yellow like the OEM units or do they seem to stay clear? I'm still running my original units but the truck rarely was driven in the dark. Life is changing soon and the vehicle will be seeing more night driving than it has for the previous 15 years. I'm actively seeking a replacement that isn't "boy racer" (sorry) but will stand up for a while. The OEM units, as well all know, require annual polishing to restore them to mediocre performance at best. I'm considering the headlight part without the parking light since mine are fine.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:18 AM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by patchelect
Reviving an "old" thread here. How have these lights held up so far? Do they yellow like the OEM units or do they seem to stay clear? I'm still running my original units but the truck rarely was driven in the dark. Life is changing soon and the vehicle will be seeing more night driving than it has for the previous 15 years. I'm actively seeking a replacement that isn't "boy racer" (sorry) but will stand up for a while. The OEM units, as well all know, require annual polishing to restore them to mediocre performance at best. I'm considering the headlight part without the parking light since mine are fine.
I have the one's like Dodgevity and mine have held up since i put them on 3 or 4 years now. I dont remember.

Only thing is you MUST aim them properly and use fog lights to get good light out of them.

I aimed mine a touch higher than normal and the fogs make up the difference.

Its a MUST MUST MUST to aim them right or you get dark spots and cant really see.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:07 AM
patchelect
Professional

Thanks for the info!

Old 06-27-2016, 07:25 AM
patchelect
Professional

Does anyone have experience with these?

http://www.1aauto.com/dodge-dakota-d...=672957&y=2001

They also show what appears to be an exact OEM replacement for less $$ but if these are decent they might be an alternative.

Old 03-22-2020, 12:23 AM
Truck _guider

Nowadays, Dodge Ram has been so popular among users. and why it will not!. its features are appreciative indeed. when talking about headlights, if you got the brightest one on your vehicle then it will surely draw others' attention.
By the way, I put the AUTOSAVER88 headlights on my Ram 1500. and it looks so cool. especially in the night time, it gives me a feeling like me myself is reflecting like the Neutron Stars.
However, I got the article here. they have nice recommendations for the brightest headlight for Dodge Ram.

Headlights not only enhance the outlook of the Car but also a brighter headlight is very useful for nighttime driving.
I hope this content may be of someone's help in choosing the right headlights for their Ram.

Quick Reply: New headlights and parking lights